EDIUS X marks the start of a new era in nonlinear editing. EDIUS X comes with a completely redesigned core engine along with a modular concept allowing even more performance for fully customizable workflows. For almost two decades, the EDIUS hallmark has been its stability, benchmark-setting performance, and creative tools. EDIUS is being used across the industry from broadcast facilities and newsgathering organizations up to government institutions, corporate productions, independent filmmakers, video creators, and video enthusiasts.
Features of EDIUS X Version 10.0
From the start, EDIUS X features exciting new modules and functions, including:
- Background Rendering: EDIUS X will never ask you to interrupt your editing for a process to finish. This makes your workflow smooth, creative, and virtually unstoppable.
- Background Export: The new background render engine is also great for exporting files. You will never have to pause working while exporting.
- GV Job Monitor: EDIUS X keeps you informed regarding all background activities and lets you prioritize jobs as needed.
- VST Plug-In Support: EDIUS X broadens the support for VST-plugins. This includes support for latency plug-ins along with a powerful WaveShell integration.
- Motion Tracker with Chase Mode: EDIUS X allows you to easily attach a label, animation or video clip to your tracked object.
- Motion Tracker with Anchor Mode: Have your picture automatically reframed with reference to the tracked object. This is great for aspect ratio conversions and virtual multi-camera shots.
- H.265 Export: EDIUS X speeds up export rendering time by leveraging NVIDIA GPU support. This is also available with the new Background Rendering options.
- GUI Color: EDIUS X comes with a refined GUI in a slightly darker color. This makes editing even more comfortable with a cool new look.
- Draft Mode: With EDIUS X, EDIUS X Pro now also includes the Draft Preview Mode allowing realtime playback of as of many tracks as you like.
- 8K Support: EDIUS X Workgroup allows project settings and also file export in up to 8K.
- Optimized Performance: EDIUS X is all about performance and a futureproofed design. EDIUS X requires Windows 10 and makes optimal use of advanced technology. This includes hardware acceleration provided by Intel QuickSync as well as broad GPU support. The new modular design allows utilizing the potential of multicore CPUs more efficiently than ever before.
- Optimized Audio Sync Performance: EDIUS X provides an even faster automatic audio sync function to align as many clips as your projects requires for a smooth multicam experience.
- Native Support for the Latest Cameras and Codecs: EDIUS X supports the newest codecs and camera releases natively like no other NLE. There’s no need to transcode, so you can just edit!
- Enhanced SDK makes EDIUS 10.x a perfect partner for complementing solutions allowing a tight integration of Third Party solutions and expand the possibilities even further.
- Ongoing Continuous Development: EDIUS X will continue to expand and grow its toolset with even more creative possibilities. EDIUS X users will benefit from all EDIUS 10.x updates available for download free of charge throughout the entire lifecycle of EDIUS X.